Signal is on the move. Chicago-based Signalites kicked off Memorial Day weekend by packing up our desks in our 111 Canal St. office for the final time prior to relocating to the company’s new 27,000-square-foot headquarters at 222 N. LaSalle St., a.k.a. the Builders Building, a 90-year-old office tower overlooking the Chicago River. Here’s a look at our new 16th floor digs:
Signal spent more than two years in the Canal space. During that time, the company achieved a number of milestones, among them:
- Signal’s worldwide staff increased from 115 on our first day in the Canal office to 181 on our last — with more additions to come.
- Crain’s named Signal the overall fastest-growing company in Chicago in its Fast 50 2016 ranking. Signal also landed on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in both 2015 and 2016. In addition, we’ve been on Deloitte’s 2015 and 2016 Technology Fast 500 lists, and Signal’s co-founders received the 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year honor.
- In mid-2016, Signal completed a $30 million financing round led by I2A with participation from Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Baird Capital, EPIC Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. Signal has raised more than $70 million to date.
Core to Signal’s culture is a love of snacking and bringing fun into the workplace. We crunched the numbers on our time at Canal, and here’s what we found.
- Cans of LaCroix sparkling water consumed: More than 180,000.
- Bags of SkinnyPop popcorn eaten: More than 9,000.
- Sharks and Hacks projects initiated: More than 200.
- Ping pong games played: More than 1,400.
- Good times: More than we can count.
Rest assured that other Signal staples like scavenger hunts, trivia nights, holiday parties and laughs will continue in our new home. The corporate milestones, too.